Thursday, June 4, 2015

What started my tiny house dreams

We have all been there...that ah huh moment when the light bulb flicks on and life is clear. My moment was going to my naturopathic doctor and finding out my thyroid and adrenal system was close to failing. How? I eat organic non gmo food, go to chiropractor and use all natural and homemade cleaning and hygiene products. Well turns out adrenal and thyroid issues can be caused by stress and lack of sleep. Considering my past of straight A student, college athelete, new mom and always having two or three jobs I knew what caused my health issues. I realized I can't sustain this busy lifestyle forever so something had to change. I started by quitting my second job (coaching gymnastics), which was really hard for me because I have been a coach for 15 years. That helped for a little bit but then money got tight so I added more daycare kids to my organic licensed daycare. Well after several months of a full daycare load, cleaning non stop and being up till 2 am making organic meals for 8 children I again realized something had to change. At first we liked the Earthships! Still love them but haven't been able to find contractor that can do it and money wise wasn't an option. Looked into container homes but again they ended up being out of our price range. Then we discovered tiny houses on wheels. It was perfect! Affordable, mobility, and sustainable! So our google searching began.....

No comments:

Post a Comment